Pages

My Artistic Journey ④

Amidst Bustling Bliss
Oil|2001


Observation and Feeling

As my artistic journey continued,

I gradually realized

that what truly attracted me

was not merely the scenery itself,

but the life it contained.

I began exploring different places,

carefully observing the people,

places,

and everyday moments around me.

Whether it was the lively city,

old streets,

marketplaces,

or quiet fishing villages,

each offered its own inspiration

and a different way of seeing life.

An old street,

a marketplace,

a small shop,

or people passing by on a street corner—

any of these could become the beginning of a painting.

These seemingly ordinary scenes

carry the culture,

daily life,

and the spirit of a particular time and place.

I gradually came to understand

that art does not exist apart from life.

Rather,

it grows naturally from life itself.

The more we observe,

and the more deeply we feel,

the more warmth our creations can carry.

Looking back,

after beginning my exploration of Figurative Expressionism in 1998,

I continued painting streetscapes,

fishing villages,

and other subjects inspired by everyday life.

These works not only recorded my observations of people and their surroundings,

but also helped me realize

that what truly moves us

is often not the extraordinary,

but the quiet authenticity found in ordinary moments.

Although I gradually moved away from these subjects,

the observations and experiences from that period

became an important foundation

for the personal series that I developed later.

Perhaps every artist

must first learn to observe life

before discovering

his or her own artistic language.