Pages

My Artistic Journey ⑤

The Many Colours of Our Nation
Oil|2001


During the process of creating,
I gradually became aware of rhythm within a painting.

Sometimes, the repetition of lines and the variation of forms
create a sense of movement in the composition.

The relationship between colors
also forms a kind of visual rhythm.

This rhythm is not deliberately planned;
it often appears naturally through the process of creation.

Over time, I realized that rhythm does not only exist in painting.

Life itself carries many rhythms.
The streets of a city, the footsteps of people,
and even the pace of daily life
are constantly flowing and changing.

Sometimes, when I sit by the street and watch people come and go,
I feel that life itself is like a constantly changing painting.

These rhythms from everyday life
sometimes transform into a more fluid expression in painting.
Through the movement of figures and the flow of lines,
a visual rhythm gradually emerges on the canvas.

Perhaps it is these rhythms from everyday life
that make a painting feel more natural and alive.

Have you ever felt such rhythms in your own life?